network password

grubby gromit 12:13 19 Jun 04

Iam running 98se could someone please tell me how to get rid of networking password on startup. i have been told if you press enter it will not ask for password again this does not seem to work. HELP PLEASE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:38 19 Jun 04

down load TweakUI It's a microsoft powertoy click here you can then use it to set automatic logon

SANTOS7 13:22 19 Jun 04

You can use Tweak UI by opening it to the Logon tab and selecting the "Logon" tab checking the box labeled "Log on automatically..." an set the Users name and password in the edit boxes provided.

Tweak

click here

click here

click here
--------------------------

OR

Search for files named *.pwl and delete them (it). Restart the computer. When the login box comes up, don't enter anything, just click OK. Restart again. Should be no login box

grubby gromit 14:46 19 Jun 04

when i delete pwl & restart my computer the network password box is still there & pwl file is back in the windows file

SANTOS7 14:52 19 Jun 04

To prevent Windows from prompting you for a password at startup:
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network.
On the Configuration tab, click Windows Logon in the Primary Network Logon box, and then click OK.
When you are prompted to restart your computer, click No.
In Control Panel, double-click Passwords.
On the Change Passwords tab, click Change Windows Password, select any of the check boxes that you want, and then click OK

f1fan 18:52 21 Jun 04

grubby gromit, what a great name !!!!

;)

nick - nick

Viv-208691 20:07 26 Dec 04

Sorry to be ignorant but I have the same problem, although I use Win Xp Home. Can someone alter Santos' method slightly for me?

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…