Network - Partition visibility content changed

compumac 15:13 PM 20 Dec 10

Posted initially to Helproom by mistake should have been to this forum (Networking)

Three PC’s - Dell, Akoya and Medion. All three are networked and have drives accessible to the others.
Dell has external drive with three partitions Buffalo 1, Buffalo 2 and Buffalo 3
Up until this morning the three partitions Buffalo 1, 2 and 3 could be seen by the other PC’s and their content accessed.
Today - if using Windows Explorer on the Akoya or the Medion and clicking on Buffalo 1 an error message appears “is not accessible”. If I click on Buffalo 2 it displays the ACTUAL PHYSICAL content of Buffalo 1. If I click on Buffalo 2 it displays the ACTUAL PHYSICAL content of Buffalo 3.
On the Dell itself all three Buffalo’s 1, 2 and 3 can be seen and their content read correctly.

Never had a problem remotely like this before – any suggestions?

DJ Techz 18:17 PM 20 Dec 10

Are the Drive Letters (E:, F: G: etc) correct on the main computer

compumac 18:46 PM 20 Dec 10

DJ Ryan
You have hit the nail on the head. I had installed an extra DVD drive which took the Drive Letter E which had been the Drive letter of the Buffalo 1 and subsequently affected Buffalo 2 and 3. Thanks for that. I shall slap my wrist later this evening.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…