Network only working one way

Davie S 08:29 20 Oct 05

I have three PC's, 2 desktops and a laptop. They all run Windows XP Home and previously the network worked perfectly.

However, I am now only able to view the desktop PC's from the laptop, the laptop is not "viewable" from either desktop. I have checked the "View Workgroup Computers" and on all three PC's it just shows the 2 Desktop PC's. All three PC's can print to a printer on one of the Desktops.

I have also tried turning off the Firewall (all run Zone Alarms Free Firewall Edition) but this makes no difference.

Can anyone help.

Davie S

retep888 16:15 20 Oct 05

How do you connect your PCs? By router or ICS?

Have you tried running the network wizard once again on the laptop?

Davie S 18:06 20 Oct 05

I use a Belkin Router, and a Belkin Access Point for the laptop. I used the Network Wizard again on the laptop, but it is still the same.

Any ideas?

retep888 18:25 20 Oct 05

Can you give us more about your set up?

I have a feeling it's something to do with your access point, I might be wrong, any particular reason for the Access point? Distance or signal from the router?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…