Network: Onboard - Eclipse Computer

robzwolf 11:10 16 Oct 10

I was speccing up my custom computer from Eclipse computers, and I am very happy with what I am going to buy. However, on the 'Network' section it gives me three options: (for a picture, click here)

I was wondering, what does 'onboard' mean? Does that mean it has WiFi built in? Or not? I have a USB wireless b/g reciever anyway, so it doesn't really matter if it doesn't, it's more a matter of interest.

So to recap: Does 'network - onboard' mean it has built in WiFi or not?

Here's my specced up PC (don't know if you will be able to see it): click here#

northumbria61 13:59 16 Oct 10

See here - click here

mgmcc 17:28 16 Oct 10

"Onboard" means that the network adapter is an integral part of the motherboard. What the options don't actually indicate is whether it is a "wireless" adapter or a standard ethernet adapter. With desktop PCs it is unusual to have WiFi "out of the box", so I'd assume it's "wired" and that you would need to opt for the addition of a PCI Wireless Network Adapter if you want internal WiFi.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…