//some 3rd party need geo

network not talking

marbles 08:19 12 Feb 04

i have just installed a belkin pc card (wireless) in my laptop, and a desktop card in my main pc, i have have followed instructions to the letter, everything installs ok and shows ok in the system configuration, when starting up a ballon appears on the taskbars saying networks available click here to log on however when i do there are no networks available, please help as the manual is next to useless. as anyone else had this problem.

recap 08:42 12 Feb 04

Have you created any shared folders?

If not you will need to create at least one for the computers to talk to each other.

marbles 08:53 12 Feb 04

no it just says that when you open the network through the icon on the task bar select belkin fron network available, but there is no network available

recap 10:18 12 Feb 04

Run a `Command Prompt` and type in ipconfig /all this should then give you information about your network setup. Look for the IP address and the physical/Mac address.

With the IP address you can use this to do a ping test to see if the network is talking to each client machine. To do this in the command prompt type ping 192.168.20.x.x (the x is the number on your addres) and press enter. You should get a success response of 4 packets received and none lost, that is if the network is working.

The Physical/Mac address shows the network cards ID.

You can also run a `command Prompt` and type in netstat, this will display your networks active connections.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…