network with netgear dg834g

mattymc 19:35 21 Feb 06

I have a netgear dg834g and connected to it is a laptop and a pc. The laptop is wireles and the pc using an ethernet connection, both access the internet fine and i have run file sharing wizards on both systems but they don't network via the router. The manual says i need to enable the infrastructure mode but can' find where that is in the settings page. Has anyone any ideas or experience of similar?

keewaa 19:50 21 Feb 06

It's usually on the laptop configuration.

XP pro or Home?

mattymc 19:53 21 Feb 06

xp home, where would i find the setting on the laptop?

keewaa 20:02 21 Feb 06

Within the wireless software or within windows wireless software in the control panel.

mattymc 20:29 21 Feb 06

trying to find it but struggling, have you used the netgear stuff to know what to look for on the setup menus?

keewaa 21:14 21 Feb 06

It's not in the Netgear configuration, don't log into the DG834, look in the control panel of the laptop and in the wireless devive utility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…