Network needed other end house

MartinaCollingwood-Hall 14:51 07 Jan 15

Hi Just moved in and had broadband installed. Problem is my son has some non wifi enabled devices (Xbox,wii) he'd like to connect but they are the other end of house so hardware cable option doesn't work. It's too far and awkward for me to consider running a network cable so wondered what the next best option is? I know about power line adapters but not sure if best option?

Any help gratefully received, thanks

wee eddie 15:43 07 Jan 15

I know of no better a solution.

When you are considering which Variety to get, I believe that you can now purchase a combination in which the Plug, on the far end, also acts as a Wireless Point as well as having an Ethernet connection.

Now I'll hand you over to those that know what they're talking about.

john bunyan 16:17 07 Jan 15

I have used these Homplugs to connect my router to a "Smart" TV some way away. I have an "up to 8mgps" contract that usually comes in at about 7.5. The TV on wireless only achieved 0.8mbps but using the homeplugs it got over 7mbps. I suspect, in this particular case it was the "fault" of the TV's wireless card as an iPad in the same place was fine, but the principle is the same. Do not plug the homplugs into a powresurge protected extension.

Agos - homeplugs.

There are similar ones with a wireless point at the far end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017