NETWORK KEY

bobbybluenose 11:07 10 Apr 08

i am trying to set up a desk top done all the right configurations with the guidance of tech support but i cannot enter the network key the cursor is just fishin even tried a new keyboard any ideas

Ditch999 11:10 10 Apr 08

Network key? Are you talking about a key to connect to a wireless network or a password to log on to Windows? What OS is it?

bobbybluenose 11:12 10 Apr 08

win xp yes akey to a wireless network

Ditch999 11:17 10 Apr 08

What is the name of the dialog box your are trying to type the key into? Is it software that came with the adaptor or is it Windows?

Ditch999 11:30 10 Apr 08

WEP or WPA or WPA2? It has to be the same on client and server. Are you trying to connect to the correct network? ie yours

bobbybluenose 11:47 10 Apr 08

ditch999 it is the dalog box on on wireless network connection 3 wep it is the same on clinent and server this is the last stage of my connection but when i highlight talk talk8j653 and try to enter the network key nothing happens cheers bobby

Ditch999 12:00 10 Apr 08

Wireless network connection 3? How many wireless connections have you? And there are those 2 words I dont like to hear "Talk Talk". Did you run their CD by any chance? You dont need to. Do it through Windows. Uninstall any TT software and get back when thats done.

ambra4 12:34 10 Apr 08

By default some wireless router come set-up with the manufacture name as the SSID address 3Com, Linksys, Belkin etc,

Change the SSID default address to a name you want to give your Wireless Network, 452bill06 / ezyclip01 etc which would allow you to easily identify your network

Copy the SSID name and security code from the router to a flash drive

Connect the flask drive to the wireless device and copy and paste the SSID and security

code when requested by the wireless device that you are trying to connect to the router

bobbybluenose 12:56 10 Apr 08

my key board port is broke ill have to get a usb board so i am going to click resolved for Now thank you for all your help i will post a new thread later when Ive finished work.

bobbybluenose 18:40 15 Apr 08

keyboard working ok i have uninstalled tt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…