network key?

ricky J 10:36 14 May 07

I have a laptop and a belkin wireless network. I want to another laptop but my network is security enabled to block 3rd party access. Will i need my network key to access my network with my second computer and how do i find it (belkin set the router up on the phone!!)

Regards

Richard

setecio 12:35 14 May 07

Can you log into the belkin router by typing 192 .168 . 2 . 1 (no spaces) into Internet Explorer. The password might be blank or it might be admin or password, if not you'll have to hardware reset it. If you do get in then you can find the wireless password in there. If not, and you have to hardware reset it, make sure you can set it up again or have someone to do that, and all the account info etc.

postie24 13:43 14 May 07

Make sure you change it to wpa encryption if your using a wep key at the moment.Wep is so is to crack.Choose a long password like these
click here
Remember to write it down because you will need to enter it in the other laptop to log on

Postie24

sweetscotsbabe 21:36 28 Aug 07

<<Can you log into the belkin router by typing 192 .168 . 2 . 1 (no spaces) into Internet Explorer.>>

I have a Speedtouch 576 Router and I need to connect a new PC to our wireless network but we've mislaid our WEP key. I tried doing the above but whenever i type this all I get is a google page listing.

Please help before I tear my hair out LOL.

Shaz

Dipso 22:16 28 Aug 07

Probably best to keep any replies to the new thread click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5