Network Intenet access problem

crewey 11:12 30 Jul 05

Hi, I wonder if somebody could give me some advice. I am currently experiencing a problem with my home network. I have two computers networked with Ethernet cards and a crossover cable and both running windows XP. The host computer accesses the Internet via a Broadband connection and up until recently so did the client computer with no problems. Suddenly two weeks ago the client computer was unable to access the Internet, but can still access the host computer. I have tried reinstalling the network using the Network Wizard and have also run a Windows Winsock fix, as well as a Registry cleaner and Norton anti virus, all to no avail. Do you have any ideas as to how I can get the Client computer back on line.Your assistance would be much appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Dave

howard60 11:24 30 Jul 05

in the host pc try lifting it out of the slot and replacing it. I had a similar problem and still cannot understand how it could work between the 2 pcs but not connect to the net. Just reseating it did the trick. I should add I went into device manager and uninstalled the card before shutting down. When I rebooted it had reinstalled it and all now worked ok. I had tried uninstalling it before and just rebooting but it was only after reseating it that it worked ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant