Network Installation

pcolvin00 15:15 31 Mar 03

I've been asked to install a network professionally, can anyone give me any pointers that I might need as this is my first one ever. I have all the hardware, and cabling, and OS disks for NICs, just want to make sure there isn't something blindingly obvious that I've missed.

eccomputers 15:19 31 Mar 03

The professional side of it isnt really the hardware. It's the software configuration of the server and clients. You havn't stated the operating system you have chosen for the server or clients. There is also the important consideration for backups which obviously mustnt be overlooked. There is security especially for internet/email access. Anyone can plug in a set of cables, its the software that counts :)

pcolvin00 21:44 31 Mar 03

all the computers (14 in total) are running XP Pro as their operating systems, there will be a file server installed at a later date, maybe two, depending in how far the budget will stertch, will try to persuade them to get two file servers. Internet access will be via a router onto an ADSL line, email is not an issue I am aware at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…