the "network icon" on the start bar

Magik™ 17:03 02 Jan 03
  Magik™ 17:03 02 Jan 03

a very long drawn out saga....when you load the Linksys software for the wireless network card on a XP laptop, it puts a small icon on the task bar, when it is right, the icon is green, if it is not right, it is red..i can only get mine to flash between red and green, now to the point of this post.

is it flashing between red and green, or as it is most of the time,red.. because it can not see the other PC, which by the way is win98. or is there a mess up in the software, or to put it another way. has it got anything to do with the other PC, or is it telling me that it is not right.

does that make sense?

thanks

firstagent 17:18 02 Jan 03

It sounds like something is interfering with the connection. OK it is a wireless setup, but could there also be a loose connection somewhere which has wires?

The big question is does the conneciton work OK?

Magik™ 17:50 02 Jan 03

hi. the answer is, no..never has done, it did when both PC's were win98..

does the icon become green during setup, or only when it sees the second PC.

jazzypop 18:34 02 Jan 03

The green icon indicates a succesful connection. A red icon indicates no succesful connection.

Magik™ 18:41 02 Jan 03

hi, when i set up the desktop PC,win98..the icon becomes green as soon as the software is installed, even if the laptop is not on.

i think if i can get the icon to stay green on the laptop i might be half way there..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…