Network and hotmail

steven_frost 19:27 16 May 03

has anyone ever had a problem with networking and hotmail the problem i've got is that my girlfrinds laptop connects through the desktop and can log in to hotmail but when she clicks on the in box it refuses to go any futher anyone else had this problem

Eagie 19:40 16 May 03

Does it give an error message? It may be useful to others helping if you could give us a brief outline of your specs - including windows version.

The only problem I had with accessing hotmail on a networked laptop is when I hadn't set up the connection options correctly.

steven_frost 19:50 16 May 03

ok OS Win XP Pro on both desktop and laptop desktop has Sygate firewall installed laptop has no firewall i have tryed running with out the fire wall working and it works so looks like a firewall issue any ideas

steven_frost 19:59 16 May 03

If its any use just tryed to update my girlfriends laptop with windows update it refused to work exited the firewall and now all is well in the world has anyone got any use of Sygate personal fire wall as this is now doing my head in

jazzypop 20:15 16 May 03

Right-click the Sygate firewall icon in the system tray, choose Options, click the Network Neighbourhood tab, and make sure both boxes are ticked.

Also, righ-click the icon, choose Applications, check that ICS has full permission.

vinnyo123 01:50 17 May 03

your pesonal firewall is going to check ALL incoming and outgoing traffic on all your PORTS so its going to take some tinkering to get it working smoothly .Best bet is to check for the "always allow option " and use it for programs you trust.

PS don't forget about xp's buit in firewall

steven_frost 12:02 17 May 03

it was the firewall i was useing i've dumpped it for norton and so far touch wood all is well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…