network help pleeese

fire 15:18 03 Feb 04

i am tearing my hair out trying to connect pc and laptop wiyh x over cable. done all i can think of set tcp/ip yo 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 and when i view my workgroup on main pc it shows laptop but when i double click the icon i get \laptop is not accessible, i dont have permission to access this network, contact administrator.
when i try to view my workgroup on the laptop the only connection i see is the laptop..????

very confused pc about to be launched out of window time........any help please

fire 16:23 03 Feb 04

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese

byfordr 16:30 03 Feb 04

What OS are you using? Do you have a password on the laptop and pc?

It seems that it is picking up the laptop, but there seems to be a permissioning problem. I think you need to "share folders with other users" or permission users to access the folder. What os you are using will depend on how you do this.

fire 16:59 03 Feb 04

im using xp pro on pc and xp home on laptop if you could tell me what and where the settings are please....many thanks

byfordr 21:49 03 Feb 04

My computer. Highlight file, folder or drive you wish to share. Right click. Sharing and Security. Sharing. Then theres two option Local Sharing and Security Network Sharing and Security. Then follow the onscreen instructions. Theres also a step by step help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…