//some 3rd party need geo

network help

Dabler 19:26 13 Jul 03

could someone please help me to explain what I will need to connect a lap top to a pc. At the moment we have two pcs networked via a cable router, I would like the lap top to access the network without having to run cable around the house and therefore am considering wireless. what is the most cost effective way of doing this please?, speed is not too important but I would like the connection to be reasonale.

jazzypop 19:32 13 Jul 03

Add a Wireless Access Point to the router (it connects the same as your current PCs do), then a WiFi card (USB or PCMCIA) to your laptop.

Note that there are several 'flavours' of WiFi at the moment - 802.11b is cheaper, slower and shorter range (but fine for web surfing, downloading etc). 802.11g is the newer standard, and is more expensive, faster and has a greater range. See click here for more info on WiFi.

Whatever you buy, look for a 'WiFi Certified' sticker, and choose a good brand name such as Netgear, D-link, Belkin etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…