Network help

adamcoppard 08:00 10 Feb 07

I have two PC's connected to a Belkin Wireless G+ MIMO with all adapters G+ MIMO from BELKIN. They are all on the same network. However, the wrokgroups are the same and my desktop can connect (i've mapped network drives) to the laptop. However if I ask the laptop to connect to my desktop it either says access is denied (You don't have the right to access \\blahblahblah ) ir if i map a drive to it it just loops for my username and password. If i type 192.168.2.2 (ip address) then the laptop shows XAMPP (local webserver click here as the page and i cannot access anything.) I have had a networking pro look at it using RealVNC (click here) and he cant find the problem. Any thoughts???

mgmcc 08:55 10 Feb 07

If the desktop PC is running XP *PRO*, are you logged into both computers with an identical Username & Password. If not, is there at least a User Account set up in the XP Pro PC with login details that match those of the laptop?

adamcoppard 09:13 10 Feb 07

i got my laptop and my desktop one running xm mce (desk) and home on laptop

mgmcc 11:54 10 Feb 07

The requirement to have identical logins may also apply to XP MCE which, I believe, runs on top of XP Pro. Have a read of this article click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…