Network gone wrong

Madpad_001 20:02 04 Oct 04

Help me Please??????

I have a small home network. (well did have)both systems are running XP home. I had the network working fine before, but needed to format the hard drive on my laptop.

Now all I get is the small icon (two little tv screens) on both computors but nothing works.

I have run the network wizzard on both computers but nothing has changed.

Where am I going wrong sombody help me please!!!!!

Madpad_001 20:11 04 Oct 04

and I get the following reply:- request timed out???.

This does not make any sence to me. I have also turned off both the firewalls but the answer stays the same.

easyrider 20:13 04 Oct 04

How was your network connected, wireless or ethernet?

Madpad_001 20:16 04 Oct 04

I use A cross over cable between my home pc and Laptop,

easyrider 20:55 04 Oct 04

I may be going at this the wrong way if so I apologise in advance.Have you checked that your laptop has network interface card drivers installed.I am assuming the problem is with the laptop as you have just reformatted the hard drive.

Gaz 25 22:09 04 Oct 04

Are all firewalls disabled?

Have you put them both on the same workgroup?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll step you through checking these.

Madpad_001 22:53 04 Oct 04

Yes to both of your questions. I used the msn home (default) workgroup. & I reinstalled all the drivers back on to my Laptop.

So I am still lost!!

easyrider 12:03 05 Oct 04

Have you set up file sharing on both computers?

Madpad_001 12:32 05 Oct 04

Yes I have done that, still no joy.

georgemac 12:50 05 Oct 04

go to your network connections and check the status of the connection making sure it is enabled - try to repair it see if this helps

easyrider 13:44 05 Oct 04

I am running out of ideas will do a bit of reading to see if I can find anything else.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…