network gaming

raggydoll 16:51 29 Dec 04

i have just set up a wireless network connecting 3 computers,all is working fine,shareing my 1.5meg broadband,the problem i have is playing COD and allied assault over the network with my 2 sons,dont seem to be able to get it to work at all.can anyone tell me how to set it up.tried everything,now pulling hair out.

ACOLYTE 16:55 29 Dec 04

You mean you wont to run a Lan server?Do you all have different copyies of the game?,this doesnt matter so much with allied assault but with cod you need to turn PB off on all games,and then set the server to none pure.

ACOLYTE 16:59 29 Dec 04

Should have said you only need to do this if you dont have a copy each of the game.If you have a copy each it wont matter.

raggydoll 17:16 29 Dec 04

thanks for response,all i get is the COD console popping up,not a clue what to do with this ????

ACOLYTE 17:26 29 Dec 04

Console poping up where? and when?.

raggydoll 17:31 29 Dec 04

wen i go to "start server",all i get is a box pop up with a load of jargon,at the bottom it has 3 buttons,SEND,ENTER,CLEAR,with a thin box to type in.no idea what to do.

ACOLYTE 17:38 29 Dec 04

You need to make a config file and put it in the cod/main folder on the pc where the server will run.The file should look somthing like this:

// Hostname and Message of the Day
set sv_hostname "Call of Duty - Search and Destroy"
set scr_motd "Destroy Target A or B by planting explosives at either location."

// Maximum Clients
set sv_maxclients "18"

// Team Icons
set scr_drawfriend "1"
// Forced Respawn
set scr_forcerespawn "0"

// Friendly Fire
set scr_friendlyfire "0"

// Allow Voting
// It is recommended if you have friendly fire on
// that you also enable voting so that players can kick team-killers.
set scr_allow_vote "0"

// Rconpassword
set rconpassword "" //set password to run sever from within game from console.

// Weapons Allowed
set scr_allow_bar "1"
set scr_allow_bren "1"
set scr_allow_enfield "1"
set scr_allow_kar98k "1"
set scr_allow_kar98ksniper "1"
set scr_allow_m1carbine "1"
set scr_allow_m1garand "1"
set scr_allow_mp40 "1"
set scr_allow_mp44 "1"
set scr_allow_nagant "1"
set scr_allow_nagantsniper "1"
set scr_allow_panzerfaust "1"
set scr_allow_ppsh "1"
set scr_allow_springfield "1"
set scr_allow_sten "1"
set scr_allow_thompson "1"

// Search and Destroy Settings
set scr_sd_graceperiod "20"
set scr_sd_roundlength "3"
set scr_sd_roundlimit "7"
set scr_sd_scorelimit "5"
set scr_sd_timelimit "0"

// Behind Enemy Lines Settings
set scr_bel_alivepointtime "10"
set scr_bel_scorelimit "50"
set scr_bel_timelimit "20"

// Retrieval Settings
set scr_re_graceperiod "20"
set scr_re_roundlength "3"
set scr_re_roundlimit "7"
set scr_re_scorelimit "5"
set scr_re_showcarrier "0"
set scr_re_timelimit "0"

// Team Deathmatch
set scr_tdm_scorelimit "150"
set scr_tdm_timelimit "20"

// Deathmatch
set scr_dm_scorelimit "80"
set scr_dm_timelimit "20"

// The rotation.
set sv_mapRotation "gametype sd map mp_brecourt gametype sd map mp_carentan gametype sd map mp_dawnville gametype sd map mp_depot gametype sd map mp_harbor gametype sd map mp_hurtgen gametype sd map mp_pavlov gametype sd map mp_railyard gametype sd map mp_rocket gametype sd map mp_Tigertown"

Obviosly this is for the search and destroy match type to change the type put "tdm" without quotes where the "sd" is before map mp_
To make a cfg file open notpad put the settings you wont as above and save as put a name and then .cfg eg: my server.cfg and save.
Then you need to tell cod to start it this is done by editing the short cut on the desktop,its easier if you make a copy then the original is safe,when you have the copy right click it and select properties then in the target box you need to edit the line to where your server .cfg file is:
"C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\CoDMP.exe" +set dedicated 2 +exec My Server.cfg +map_rotate

if you called it "My server.cfg" the dedicated 2 is for internet if you just wont Lan set the 2 to 1.
Hope this helps.

ACOLYTE 17:45 29 Dec 04

There are a lot more options that can be put in the .cfg file for punkbuster and stuff this was just a bit of somthing to give you the idea,
When the server has started you can minimise the console that comes up strat cod normally with the mutiplayer short cut,and either go to join game and set the search for local,or drop the cod console and type /connect "your ip addy" and it should connect to your server.

ACOLYTE 17:52 29 Dec 04

You may need theses lnes adding to the .cfg file for it to show up in the cod search from within game:

seta sv_master1 "codmaster.activision.com"
seta sv_master2 "master.gamespy.com:28960"
seta sv_master3 "master0.gamespy.com"
seta sv_master4 "clanservers.net"
seta sv_master5 "codauthorize.activision.com"
seta sv_gamespy "1"

The gamespy ones you may not need this just makes it show there so people can see it and connect.The cod ones make it visible within the cod browser.

ACOLYTE 18:40 29 Dec 04

Glad it helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…