Network Firewall with Windows XP

Big Yin 100 09:52 24 Jun 03

I'm trying to set up a network for the first time on three pc's I have at home. All are running Windows XP. Host pc has a USB ADSL connection

Currently using Zonealarm as my firewall on the host but I find that I have to disable this to let the other pc's have internet access. In checking help function I'm told that free ZA does not Internet Connection Sharing on Win XP.

So the question is to which firewall is best for a network on Win XP or am I better of buying a router with in built firewall. In which case do I still need to run a firewall on each pc?

TIA

Squall 10:19 24 Jun 03

adding the other PC's in the network to the trusted addreses in zone alarm? If they are in the trusted section then zone alarm should allow all traffic from then to pass through.

If you have and you are still having problems you could download a proxy server for your host machine and try that.

Squall 10:27 24 Jun 03

Netproxy is a resonably good one and it is free.

click here

Big Yin 100 14:39 24 Jun 03

Squall: Thanks for help. Have looked at Netproxy site but can't find out whether it is Win XP compatible. Do you know? I've tried adding my other pc's into trusted section in ZA but not been succcessful with this.

Squall 15:30 25 Jun 03

Yes it is compatible - I have used on my own XP machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…