Network drive on the sony bravia

starlored 12:48 PM 19 Jun 11

Hi, I have a sony Bravia TV (KDL32EX403U). On my router there is a USB Port that I can connect a hard drive to so I can view content across my network, I have a drive connected that I can view on my PC, what I would like to do is view the same drive on my TV, is this possible and if so how do I set it up.

Currently I can view my PC on my TV but not my connected hard drive

Forum Editor 18:27 PM 19 Jun 11

What is on the hard drive that you would want to see on the TV? A TV has no operating system and no application software, so it cannot open any files. All it can do is display data that is sent to it from an external source.

starlored 19:47 PM 19 Jun 11

Well not to contridict you but the tv is supposed to be DLNA enabled which means I can stream media (Movies etc) to it over my network. This works fine with content on my PC, but this is not pratical as I dont want the PC on all the time. It should be possible to Stream media from the usb drive on my router to my TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know