Network-DNS???

Viv-208691 19:29 08 Apr 04

Hi there, ive got a wireless network set up at home and i want to set up each network adapter's ip adress manually but i am told when i try to set it up that i have to manually configure a DNS adress too...what is this?!! The internet connection wont work unless i set up the DNS too.

Please please help me

Kind regards

Viv-208691 19:47 08 Apr 04

please help!

kind regards

VoG II 19:52 08 Apr 04

Not 100% sure about this but if you are running Windows XP then Start, Run, type in

cmd

and click OK. At the command prompt type

ipconfig /all

and press Enter. This will list the DNS Servers address.

Viv-208691 19:54 08 Apr 04

ok,thanks, will try that. If there are any other suggestions please post them since i am using a friend's net connection and have to leave soon!

Cheers

vinnyo123 03:13 09 Apr 04

yes ipconfig/all

will give you your ISP's DNS(domain name service) servers.DNS maps names to IP addresses when searching WAN or LAN.Just manually add the IP's into each machine in network properties on DNS tab("the ones from ipconfig/all"). Your ISP would usually have three servers put all three of them in. XP I believe would show to on first page you have to hit advanced or more to add more (not sure not on XP right now.

hope this helps

Viv-208691 11:38 09 Apr 04

Ok, I have done that and all appears to be working fine now. thanks to all of you

Kind regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…