Network DC problem

ACOLYTE 16:29 10 Nov 06

I have a problem i cannot seen to fathom,i have 2 pc's networked for ICS on a Ethernet connection.

All works well but when the other pc is switched on i lose conn to whatever i am doing online,playing games,surfing,it is only for a few seconds but it is enough to drop my online connection to servers i may be on.The Broadband line itself doesnt drop so i cant see why i would lose conn.

When this happens the LAN conn popup bubble appears and tells me that the LAN connection is now connected.After that it works ok,i just cannot track down why it DC when the other pc is turned on.Any idea's?

mgmcc 09:14 11 Nov 06

The fact that, when you boot the second PC, your Host PC has to start performing as a "router" to feed the Client PC with its internet access might be enough to cause the temporary loss of its own connection.

Has this always happened or has it just started? ICS can be a bit "flakey" at the best of times.

ACOLYTE 12:37 12 Nov 06

It didnt happen before i got the router,i had a USB mobem and had ICS set up from that.

Since i got the new router it happens quite a bit,i cant say it happens everytime the other pc is booted because mine is somtimes not turned on.

mgmcc 15:50 12 Nov 06

If you are using a router, both computers should connect directly to the router and you *SHOULD NOT* have Internet Connection Sharing enabled on any connection in either PC.

ACOLYTE 22:14 12 Nov 06

I say ICS because both pc's use the router to connect,thus they are sharing the conn,they do indeed both conect directly to the router.It's just that the line didnt drop before i changed to a router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…