Network Controller?

Legslip 09:18 28 Sep 07

Last night I spent four hours reformatting one of my two laptops (Evesham). All went well until I tried to set up a wireless connection to my ADSL router. The laptop has on-board wireless. After a while trying, I found that in System Devices something called a Network Controller had a ? against it. I presume that this is what is stopping me getting the on-board wireless active. I have downloaded all the drivers from the driver CD that came with the laptop. Can someone get me out of jail please?

total_pc 10:23 28 Sep 07

If yor 2 laptops are the same you could copy the drivers for one to the other. If the drivers on the cd don't work you'll need to use your other laptop to download the correct one from the relevant manufacturer website.

Legslip 10:49 28 Sep 07

.....but no the others a Sony Vio. How do I identify the manufacturer of the Network Controller? Is it a component incorporated into the motherboard or a plug in component?

woodchip 11:06 28 Sep 07

In Device Manager

woodchip 11:08 28 Sep 07

If it's a driver problem, In Device Manager click update driver and have your driver CD ready. Or click on search the net. You never know it may work

Legslip 11:26 28 Sep 07

''but I have the driver CD that came with the laptop but 'find driver' doesn't find it and it can't search the net cos I can't get on it.

woodchip 18:35 28 Sep 07

If it cannot find the driver, it can only be a Zip file or a Setup file look for them on the CD and double click to load

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…