network connections missing

preston 07:37 11 Aug 09

cannot connect to the internet. checked internet connections and found that all icons have dissapeared. how do i get them back and how do i get up and running whem i do.

birdface 08:50 11 Aug 09

Maybe try Control Panel. Network Connections.Right click Local area connection and press repair.See if that shows up any problems.
And just check.File. and make sure work offline is not ticked.

birdface 09:09 11 Aug 09

Or go into Device Manager.See if any yellow exclamation marks beside Network Adapters.

preston 10:03 11 Aug 09

thanks buteman. checked all that already but no joy. their are no icons in the folder to click on.

birdface 10:24 11 Aug 09

Have you system restore in safe mode.[No Icons]Do you meen in Control panel.
If Desktop. Try right clicking the screen and make sure show desktop icons is ticked.

Stuartli 12:47 11 Aug 09

You could also try running xpnetdiag.exe which can/may Repair the setup.

From My Computer, go to the Windows folder and open Network Diagnostics.

You can run xpnetdiag.exe from there and follow the instructions.

preston 08:21 12 Aug 09

thanks guys but i still have nothing. looks like i may have to do a clean install.

birdface 09:27 12 Aug 09

What icons are actually missing.
Maybe try pressing the Windows icon on your keyboard.That should open start.And go to help and support using your up down keys and click on system restore.And restore to a time when it was working ok.

preston 17:26 20 Aug 09

i found out what the problem was. my sister had some how knocked the connection loose. alls well now. thanks for all your help guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…