Network connection help

I need help seting up a network connection. i wanna set up a connection with my brother's computer who lives in america and i live in england we'd like to share each others files etc but i don't know how to do it. I'm runing XP and he's running ME please help thanks

Forum Editor 21:30 21 May 03

by using software like Laplink
click here. This enables you to link to another machine via the internet, or by dialling directly into the other machine - which involves the cost of a phone call while you're connected.

Another way to share files, and one which a lot of people use, is to do it via private web space. It's easy enough to set up a system that will enable you both to transfer files to the site via FTP, or if you want something more ambitious, via a 'proper'web site. I wouldn't recommend this method if the files involved are in any way sensitive or confidential, but the big advantage is that you can acces the files at times when the other machine is turned off.

It's a subject that could take up pages, so I'll leave it at that - if you need more help just ask.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced