Network connection up/down/slow/fast aggggghhhh!

ritzdog 19:14 01 Nov 07

I have Virgin Media cable internet and have had nothing but problems for months now. To cut a long story short I have:
PC1 upstairs
XP SP2 P4 1.8ghz, with belkin 802.11g PCI wireless card (using XP to control wireless)
PC 2 upstairs
XP SP2 P4 2.4ghz with Netgear wireless card (can't remember specs but it is a b/g standard)
Downstairs (about 2m away from PC1)
Ntl home 100 modem
Netgear wgr614 v6 router with most current firmware.
I have numerous problems, if it's not the PC reporting it cannot connect to the router it's the PC connecting to the router perfectly but no internet or it's connected but it's slow as hell Virgin have suggested all the normal things rebooting the boxes etc but I don't want to keep restarting the damn boxes! My neighbours had wireless for almost 2 years now with Virgin/NTL and he's never had any problems.
The upstairs PC can connect to his router fine (he has belkin mimo cable dsl router G+) and works perfectly for weeks on end. I have upgraded the firmware of the card AND the router and gone through most ofthe frequencies on the router to eliminate interference. The boxes ar on top of kitchen cupboards but not exposed to high temps or near to any pipes or metal ducting etc... On average PC2 can connect to the wireless box more sucessfully but being further away than PC1 (by about 5m) the internet speed is slower. Can someone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5