Network communication

TomG 20:05 27 Jul 03

Can anyone suggest an easy way to send messages between two computers (both XP Home Edition) on a wireless network (bar shouting up the stairs)?

I've tried lan talk xp which was ok when two administrator accounts were talking but I couldn't get it to work on a limited account

i understand there are two methods inbuilt in XP but couldn't get either to do anything. I also tried a program called stickies but couldn't get on with that either.

Magik ®© 20:14 27 Jul 03

it works in windows messenger, open up whiteboard. and scribble away....

spikeychris 20:18 27 Jul 03

Winchat is a built in XP conversation tool. Start run and type winchat.

Chris

TomG 20:21 27 Jul 03

thanks chaps - i'll give it a go - won't be tonight though being nagged by the wife for being on the computer all day!

spikeychris 20:25 27 Jul 03

Been there!!

TomG 07:32 28 Jul 03

Spikeychris, as my eardrums have now recovered from the wifes "comments" can you give me a bit more info onto how to use winchat - I have two computers on the network. When I look in the network connection box I see that one is called Tom and the other Tom (with a series of letters/digits following). Am I right in thinking that these "names" are the computer addresses for winchat?

TomG 07:48 28 Jul 03

Spikeychris - - Its ok I found an article in Microsofts knowledge base - thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…