Network Channels

A.J.D 16:19 18 Feb 07

Which network channel would be the most effective and secure for use within the UK?

Thanks

Technotiger 18:37 18 Feb 07

Hi, do you mean which ISP - I don't think anyone understands what you mean by network channel - hence no responses to your question yet!

A.J.D 22:35 18 Feb 07

Sorry, to be more precise which wirless network channel would be the more effective in terms of signal strength etc, which range from 1 to 13.

Technotiger 23:13 18 Feb 07

Your question is still not understood? I have a small home wireless network, consisting of one pc, one laptop and wireless Printer. The maximum working range indoors is 30mtrs. Signal strength is Excellent. Range 1 to 13 means nothing to me in pc terms.

rodriguez 23:19 18 Feb 07

The network channels don't amke any difference to security. Normally you should just leave it set to it's default (mine was either 1 or 6) but you change them to eliminate interference from other radio signals. If you find your connection to slow down and be unreliable even at close range, then this is when you change channel numbers. If everything is working fine, you can just leave it on it's default channel number.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017