Network cards

Ricky_Singh 14:19 21 Jun 06

I am thinking of going wireless. I know my laptop has a network card but my desktop has not. Do i need to buy the same network card as my laptop for my desktop pc or can i get a USB adapter of a different company for my PC.

Ikelos 14:22 21 Jun 06

any card you like, my desktop has a external card, both laptops are connected one with a push in card the other internal..

Ricky_Singh 14:28 21 Jun 06

also what is this 802.11g/b stuff. I know its to so with speed and that 802.11g is better but i read somewhere to get Netgear's Super G technology because it can reach speeds of 108Mbps. Also is these speeds realted to the network card or router?

Batch 15:03 21 Jun 06

To get the rated speed, the cards on both ends of a connection, plus the router would need to support the same speed (e.g. 802.11g).

But even then it depends what you are going to use it for. If it is primarily for web downloads etc. then b (let alone g) should suffice.

Ikelos 15:28 21 Jun 06

with BT type speeds of around,give or take,about 3 and 8mb all the rest is a bit academic. :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…