Network Card Unplugged error

Detnick 17:31 19 May 04

I have two network cards plugged into my AMD 1400MHZ computer running Windows XP I had a network and internet connection sharing with a 700 Celeron computer running Windows 98 SE.

About a month ago I came to my computer one day and the icon in the system tray had a red cross on it and it said A network Cable is unplugged all the cables are plugged in. So I thought it must be a failed NI card so I took it back and got it replaced but the problem did not go away I have Zone Labs Pro installed as a firewall and this has given me problems before when I forgot to allow internet connection sharing but this was resolved and still is as far as I know. I have tried all sorts of configurations but I still cannot find the answer.

Has anyone had a similar problem any suggestions?

Thanks in advance if you have

Detnick 22:29 16 Jun 04

I have been able to sort this problem out myself to let you know I am quit happy to share the result I needed a crossover cable I had used a straight through cable and although they look identical they are not the same. I had in fact had the network up and running before but on a shorter cable that was a crossover cable and then I had bought another longer cable but I did not know the difference between the two types of cable. So the network card could not communicate with the other pc because the new cable was not a crossover cable.

Anyway the problem is solved I am surprised that I did not get any responces

Bye for now

stalion 22:43 16 Jun 04

sorry you did not get any replies to your post,probably nobody on line familiar with your problem at the time you posted.Also thankyou for posting the solution to your problem.Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…