Network Card Problems

Dean L 20:22 12 Jun 03

I am trying to set up a simple network linking 2 PC's. So i have bought a new Network card for both PC's and Crossover cable. But when installing the new card into the master PC it is just installing as the same make as my original Card (For my broadband connection) but it's a different make and therefore wont work

Im running XP, any ideas how i can instal this card properly as its just being auto installed as the wrong make every time

jazzypop 20:31 12 Jun 03

Once it is installed with the wrong driver, open Device Manager, right-click the card and choose Properties > Update Driver, then point it to your correct driver.

Despicable Desperado 22:40 12 Jun 03

It is possible that it is installing as the same 'card' as it probably has the same chipset - more than likely a Realtek 8139. Wn XP has a driver for this chipset so will install it. Have a look on the cards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…