Network card install??

g40 22:12 28 May 04

I have a pc without a network card and have to conne3ct it to blueyonder broadband, i have network card also, a spare with no driver or instructions, i am in a quandary as to where to start and would be gratefull for any help,
Cheers,
G

LastChip 22:24 28 May 04

You may be lucky, Windows plug and play may find it and load the drivers for you.

If not, you are going to have to identify it, and download the correct drivers for the card.

Try and use a slot (if possible) away from any Modem card or Sound card. make sure the card is fully pushed into the slot and fit the retaining screw.

Make sure the card is correctly installed, before connecting the modem. Look in Device Manager, to see if it indicates correct installation.

That's it!

Epocs 22:24 28 May 04

Just to clarify - you need to know how to install a network card, or just to get your computer to work on the broadband service?

g40 22:41 28 May 04

Thanks guys,
I need to either install the network card or use the usb to connect to blueyonder. I dont know whats best but if its easier to connect using the usb that would be fine! i am not sure what is best!
G

LastChip 22:48 28 May 04

use USB!

splork 23:23 28 May 04

agreed. just plug it in, and orft you go. did exactly the same for my neighbour the other day.
if you wanna identify the nic card anyway, look up the fcc-id number

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now