Network card driver update problems

IsobelDavison 15:39 21 Apr 14

Hello all,

I am having some trouble updating my network adaptor driver. My Sony Vaio Fit E 15 laptop is constantly disconnecting from the internet. Before I troubleshoot, I want to make sure all my drivers are accurate and up to date. However, I can not seem to find which driver I need to download, would anyone be able to provide a link or any advice as to where I need to look?

My network card is a Broadcom card;

PCI\VEN14E4&DEV4365&SUBSYSE071105B&REV01\4&1F88C9AC&0&00E07 BCM43142 Wireless Network Adaptor.

This was the information I managed to get off the device manager section. If any additional information is needed I would be happy to supply it to help resolve this problem.

Many thanks,

Isobel

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:09 21 Apr 14

It seems your not alone

Your card

Are you using McAfee and Mcafee online child protection?

if so disable and retry.

if it stops the problem there are plenty of free antivirus progs such as Avast.

rdave13 16:11 21 Apr 14

Have a look here. Scroll down a touch and click on 'support'. That will scroll the page down and then select 'software and downloads'. Select your operating system and find the network card driver.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…