network card

Sparkys 18:27 23 Jan 05

I have just installed a new network card to enable ethernet connectivity to ntl cable modem. When I connect to netowrk connections it tells me it is unplugged. the 1394 shows as active. How do I get it to work????

freaky 19:13 23 Jan 05

I did this last month with NTL cable modem and it works OK.

Before I proceed any further I would point out the following: -

(a) The Master computer (one actually connected to the modem) must be switched on, and not in hibernation.

(b) The Slave Computer will not be able to access the internet if the Master computer is not as in (a) above.

If you still have a problem if (a) and (b)are OK
then please post a reply.

Sparkys 12:23 24 Jan 05

a & b are ok, infact i have not even tried joining up the slave pc. I intend to go wirless but the router that i brought only attaches to the modem with ethernet. Hence i brought a network card to connect the modem to the main pc, instead of the usb lead which i currently use.

TomJerry 12:39 24 Jan 05

cable BB is located to a particular network device, you need to register with NTL the "mac" address of you new network card, but

if you connect it through a router, you should register router's MAC address

mac address is normally on the card, but you can find out, forgot what command, other may advice you on this

TomJerry 12:41 24 Jan 05

go to Run and type "msinfo32", component, network, adaptor, you find it there

vinnyo123 13:25 24 Jan 05

If your Router supports it Clone MAC. There is a feature in most Routers that enable you to clone your main PC's MAC.(The one you registered with ISP).

MAC address start>run>cmd "XP" command "winME98">ipconfig/all>enter

Sparkys 19:16 24 Jan 05

The mac address is not shown? nor does it show any ip address?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 19:36 24 Jan 05

bring up command promt i start run in box type cmd when black box comes up type ip config/all
right of the line that says physical adress you will see a series of numbers and letters that is your network card mac adress

Sparkys 19:48 24 Jan 05

Sorry, that says both the new card and previous nvidia card are both disconnected.

Could there be a softwareconflict somewhere?

Chezdez 20:22 24 Jan 05

1394 is firewire if i'm not mistaken? and i'm assuming here that you've got an ethernet network card?

what make and model of network card did you install?

sounds like you haven't installed the drivers if its an ethernet port.

Sparkys 21:40 24 Jan 05

its a belkin, 32bit desktop network pci card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…