Network Cable Unplugged - New Modem

KW2K 12:27 31 Dec 07

Hi ! Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the following problem. I have Cable Broadband supplied by Virgin Media, on the Modem the Power, PC and Data light were lit but not the Cable light. I telephoned VM (in India at 25p per min ! ) only to be told that a Technician would call to change the Modem, this they did some 4 days later ! When the Technician left all was working fine, but only for 5 minutes. Now the cable, power and data light are lit, but the pc light is out. My PC says that the Network Cable is unplugged but it is definately connected, I have also tried a new Network Cable and also when I plug my Laptop into the Modem I get the same message. Then the next thing I knew was the pc light was flashing and everything was working fine. The problem is definately intermittent and it looks like my new Modem is faulty. After numerious phone calls to VM in India again at 25p per min, I am getting a Technician out in 5 days to change the modem, so here is hopeing this works OK. I have been with Virgin Media (Formely Telewest)for 4 years and never had a problem, but the service I have received has been shocking. What I want to know is if anyone has any other suggestions as to why the modem will intermittantly drop the connection between either my pc or laptop, given that I have tried new network cables, and tried re-starting the Modem but this appears to make no difference. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

ps. Any good / bad comments on Sky Broadband, I'm obviously thinking of jumping ship because of the service !

Cheers !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009