Network Cable Unplugged Help I'm Going Insane

The Snow King 22:51 30 Jul 07

Please can someone help me. i am running XP and My PC is telling me that local area connection is disabled due to the network cable being unplugged. this mean's i am not able to connect to the internet using my PC. although i have a wireless router i have been using a usb cable to connect the router to the PC. I am able to access the internet using my laptop which is running on the same router and having no problems. I have checked that all the ports respond by removing all my usb devices and replacing them in different ports. I really am at my wits end. Please help.

Many thanks for your time

Jax.

johnnyrocker 23:02 30 Jul 07

is your laptop working via usb or wirelessly? have you checked in network connections?

johnny.

Graham. 23:09 30 Jul 07

So the router is connected to the PC by USB. The 'network cable unplugged' message, I think, is not referring to the router.

The PC may be trying to connect by network, and not via the router. You must check in Control Panel for Network Connections. Delete or disable by right click any that do not involve the router.

skidzy 23:09 30 Jul 07

As Johny says can you access the net from both computers ?

The warning is probably your internal modem card that is not in use.

The Snow King 23:17 30 Jul 07

The laptop is working wirelessly. I have already tried to delete the network connection in the network connection panel and each time i disable and re enable is when the message stateing the network cable is unplugged.

johnnyrocker 23:19 30 Jul 07

have you checked it is not your 1394 connection showing a cable unplugged?

johnny.

Switcher 23:21 30 Jul 07

I think that you will find that The alarm refers to the ethernet socket on the PC not being connected. Either ignore it, disable the ethernet device if not using it or preferably connect your router to the pc using an ethernet cable rather than a usb cable

Switcher 23:21 30 Jul 07

I think that you will find that The alarm refers to the ethernet socket on the PC not being connected. Either ignore it, disable the ethernet device if not using it or preferably connect your router to the pc using an ethernet cable rather than a usb cable

The Snow King 23:26 30 Jul 07

sorry not sure what a 1394 connection is ? and as for the ethernet device it was working perfectly well up until yesterday when it all decided to crash - sorry prehaps i should have mentioned that.

Guys i really appreciate all the advice

Jax

johnnyrocker 23:29 30 Jul 07

you should see it in network connections which connection is showing as cable unplugged?

johnny.

davidprc 23:35 30 Jul 07

Right click on the icon, Open Network Connections, right click and disable. This willget rid of the warning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now