a network cable is unplugged

sirhc1 09:36 20 Dec 05

Hello guys I am new to networking but have succesfully and easily networked two comps at homeboth running XP using the network wizard, I mentioned this to a friend who asked me to do the same for him but I am having no joy all I get is a network cable is unplugged when it is not.Running the wizard doesn't help either both comps have McAfee installed and are both XP Pro, has anybody any ideas?

recap 11:01 20 Dec 05

Check that the firewalls are disabled on both machine.

Are you using a crossover cable?

Also check in Device Manager to make sure there are no exclamation marks against the Network Cards. If there is either reseat the cards or change them with ones that you know works, just to see if it is the cards.

sirhc1 17:54 20 Dec 05

Yes I am using a crossover cable and both network cards are installed properly and working, I have had one of the comps networked up to one of my machines but when joined to his other comp nothing, I will try disabling both firewalls cheers.

jimmer409® 18:12 20 Dec 05

try start, connect to, all connections, right click on the wireless, properties, network, let windows manage.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…