network cable suddenly not working...

djbenny 11:50 11 Mar 06

i have a network cable set up inbetween 2 switches it has been working fine for the past 2 years or so and suddenly now it has stopped working, i cant see and faults in what happened, in one switch (Main 24port one)the lights on the switch light up showing that there is something connected i presume but at the other end of the cable the other switch (4port one) no lights show for the cable but the other workstations connected to it i really dont know what has happened, need help urgently!

mgmcc 12:40 11 Mar 06

Plugging a different cable between the two switches should confirm whether or not the cable is the problem. Otherwise, one of the switches could have developed a fault.

Also, some switches have a little button to toggle a particular port between a standard LAN port and an "Uplink" port to connect another switch. If you have this, could the button have been pressed accidentally?

djbenny 13:43 11 Mar 06

it works fine using a small cross over cable, there are no buttons on the switches, which is why i'm rewally confused as itys been working for the past 2 years fine then out of the blue yesterday evening it just stopped working

djbenny 13:44 11 Mar 06

carry on frfom last post is there any shops which i can get 10 meter STP cable from then i could link from another LAN port

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…