Network buying advice

Taw® 16:55 26 Dec 04

I have 3 computers all xp pro sharing a wired network with BB using an alcatel modem. I am considering a wireles network with ADSL modem/router and hardware firewall. All seems very confusing to me, could someone direct me to an all in one bundle so I don't have to think too much.

nkosi 17:56 26 Dec 04
  Taw® 18:25 26 Dec 04

nkosi many thanks

georgemac 18:28 26 Dec 04

adsl router + 1 pci card - you would need another pci card or adaptor click here

click here I fitted one of these to a mate last week - very easy to set up - you would need another usb adapter - I will stick to the 'g' standard which gives up to 54 mbps - half of what you are used to on wired

adapter click here different manufacturer but should work click here another click here is the d-link one that comes with the above router - a bit more expensive

PC World were selling the netgear dg834g wireless modem router today for £45 which would have been a real bargain - offer ends 27/12/04 - I have one of these and it is excellent

Taw® 09:20 27 Dec 04

georgemac cheers I may try and call to PC World today "traffic permitting"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…