network bridge< > local area connection ??

Morpheus© 22:32 01 May 03

linksys wireless network, one PC, with the BB modem is win98, the laptop is XP, both PC's have the green icon on the task bar..no way will they see each other...so to carry on clutching straws, like we have for weeks on end..on the XP laptop, on the task bar, there are two double monitor icons, if you hold the cursor over them, one has

"local area connection 400.0 mbps"

and the other has

"network bridge 11.0 mbps"

does this mean i have a link between the two? or have i gone off down the wrong road again.

thanks

explicitlyrics100 22:56 01 May 03

a 400mbit connection means that it is almost certainly firewire. This can be used as a network configuration however it is not common. The 11mbps one is wireless, this is a totally different technology and requires a wireless card in the other pc aswell. You can use the wireless connection on the router - i think thats what it sounds like, to connect to the laptop and xp will auto detect all the settings needed. If you want further help send me and email and i can run a remote assistance session with you and hopefully get it sorted. Chris

Morpheus© 22:56 01 May 03

this is doing me in :-) i think i have answered it myself, i have switched off the PC with the BB connection, and the XP laptop and the icons still read the same...

Morpheus© 22:59 01 May 03

mail sent........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…