Network bridge SSID name...

eshroom 01:12 25 Dec 09

So, I have 2 Edimax EW-7416APn routers bridged to a Netgear WGR614-V6, in series. The Netgear being the first in the line. For the sake of seeming a bit more professional I have given all routers the same SSID, however this creates the following two problems.

1. When moving from one area to another, although the network reception still shows up as good, the internet is inaccessible unless I ask for a new IP address (or refresh DHCP settings on a mc).

2. Perhaps more worryingly, if the Netgear goes off, or connection to it is lost, the Edimaxs bridge to each other, meaning (obviously) that once again the internet cannot be accessed. In order to regain connectivity I must switch off the last Edimax in the series so that the central one switches back to bridging the Netgear, then switch it back on.

Is there any way of the three routers having the same SSID without these conflicts. In airports, large internet cafes, ships etc. the SSID is always the same, but repeaters must be in use. How do they manage it when the chain is seemingly so fragile?

Thanks for looking!

ambra4 01:39 25 Dec 09

What you need is not wireless routers but Wireless-G Range Extender

click here

Download the datasheets, quick install guides it will show you how in airports, large

Internet cafes, ships, hotel etc. the SSID is always the same

eshroom 00:00 30 Dec 09

The Edimax EW-7416APn are wireless-g extenders.

Does anyone know, is there anyway I can stop them getting confused and extending each other?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5