network and aol?

torchey 09:47 20 Jun 03

I have a small home network (3 computers) using XP i am on broadband with aol,i cant seem to get it to network. anyone got any ideas? i can network ie explorer but it want to open aol to start and if aol ids open on a computer then it wont open!!!!!

AndySD 12:51 20 Jun 03

AOL have a freephone number try that first...but I believe (maybe incorrectly) you will have to install AOL on the other PC's.

torchey 18:11 20 Jun 03

thanx andy, already done that but you can only log onto one aol at a time, i was trying to use ie as a share but it still requires aol to start up.

Sir Radfordin? 18:31 20 Jun 03

Don't think AOL will allow you to do this, as they don't use a normal dial up connection. You may be able to use a Proxy sever though/

Djohn 19:17 20 Jun 03

From the broadband help files. Sorry doesn't look as though you can. j.

While we are not currently able to support home networking with AOL Broadband, AOL is committed to developing solutions for the home that work across multiple devices and platforms.

We are very excited about the potential for home networking to help your family take full advantage of broadband connections.

We'll keep you updated on future developments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…