Network Address

Hetti 14:02 19 Jul 06

Im have started setting up a laptop onto my network (Telewest)the laptop found the network but only got as far as window saying this network requires network address, it is trying to automatically find address there is one yellow star there,but it is been kike that for 10 mins, only option is "disconnect" what do I need to do?

ade.h 14:46 19 Jul 06

One yellow star?

You've lost me now, because I never see any stars when using a wireless network!

At what point are you switching the adapter on via its keyboard/fascia button?

How long has the router been switched on for at this point?

In the meantime, flush the wireless client's DNS by opening a command prompt (Run > cmd) and entering ipconfig /flushdns.

mgmcc 07:09 20 Jul 06

I suspect the "yellow star" may be the little yellow thing that moves back and forth on the icon in the Notification Area (System Tray) as the adapter is "Acquiring Network Address".

Hetti,

I think you need to give some more details about the hardware you are using and how it is set up. What you should have is a Wireless Cable/DSL Router connected to the Telewest Cable Modem by ethernet cable and all computers connecting to the router, either "wirelessly" or by ethernet cable. However, before you do anything else, you need to configure the router to connect to Telewest and then configure its Wireless settings; this is done by connecting a PC to it by ethernet cable and entering its IP address into a web browser. The IP address will depend on the router, for example:

Netgear 192.168.0.1

Linksys 192.168.1.1

D-Link 192.168.1.1

Belkin 192.168.2.1

Buffalo 192.168.11.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5