Network Adaptor Missing on Startup, Windows XP

jon m 21:59 25 Apr 08

I am running XP with a matsonic motherboard MSKM 400-M. When I start my computer I cannot connect to the internet and my network adaptor is missing in device manager. If I then restart, I can connect my computer to the internet and my network adaptor appears in device manager.

I recently re-formatted my hard drive. The problem was there both before and after re-formatting. I have tried re-installing the network adaptor drivers but this did not help. When I reformatted the hard drive I could initially connect to the internet on startup. The problem re-occurred when I installed my antivirus software, AVG Free. I have tried starting the computer with the anti virus disabled but still had the problem. Can anyone help or do I just continue to start and then restart to connect to the internet.

Thanks
Jon

Ditch999 23:28 25 Apr 08

You could put in a PCI network card. It sounds as if your onboard network adapter is on the way out.

jon m 09:28 26 Apr 08

Ditch999
Thankyou for the response, it is very helpful. I have tried searching the internet and have not found anyone else with this problem so it probably is a hardware problem.
Regards
Jon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…