Network Adapter - packets being dropped

Ziosimo 09:10 09 Jun 07

I've had a wireless network running in my house via a router and I have a pretty old network adapter for my PC. I play alot of online games which require a stable connection with a constant uninterupted stream of data.

With the current setup using this network adapter when I play virtually any game I get short freezes every now and then. For example, on counter strike: source everything freezes and then you kind of teleport forward a few feet. I've been told this is as a result of packets being dropped on my wireless network.

Now my PC recently broke and I've moved onto my brothers laptop which has an in-built network adapter (different from the one my PC was using) and there is no longer any of this freezing.

So, I want to buy an external USB adapter running on a IEEE 802.11g network that will not cause the freezing problem I have explained earlier. I'd also like to add that I'd rather not buy from British Telecom since anything I try and do with them seems to go horribly wrong. Could you advise me on the best network adapter for an 8mb internet connection. Price isn't so much of an issue so long as its within reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…