networing

Chirag 18:39 10 Mar 05

i have a pc and a laptop both with win xp. i tried to connect then via ethernet cable, but when i did that, both pc n laptop both shows the message that the network cable is unplugged. why is it so and hot to make a direct network between them for transfering data??? plz help....any help will be appreciated....and i m using ntl broadband on my pc. if i want to connect my laptop as well with the net using the same modem without using router then what i will need to do??? please reply...

FelixTCat 18:52 10 Mar 05

If you are trying to connect 2 pcs directly, you have to use a cross-over ethernet cable, not a standard one.

Once you have the correct cable, you will be able to connect he laptop to the net through your desktop by running the network wizard on the desktop.

Chirag 14:31 16 Mar 05

sorry i waz out
but how can v recognize cross-over ethernet cable?
and can v connect desktop via usb and laptop via ethernet to the ntl broadband modem? and use the internet on both? please do reply....
thankz

byfordr 15:01 16 Mar 05

click here Shows you all you need for identifying crossover

R

byfordr 15:03 16 Mar 05

click here

Just mark it up (or get it in a different colour) so you remember that it is crossover

R

Chirag 15:19 16 Mar 05

if v want to connect desktop and laptop to internet with the help of same modem and without using router then how can v do that? plz reply
thnkx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…