Netspy Trojan Horse

kentylad 20:14 25 Dec 03

Norton Internet security (2003) installed on my system has just deteced a threat.

When opening the 'further information' I am presented with the following information;

Time: (Irrelevant)
Date: " "
Program: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
Protocol: TCP (Inbound)
Remote access:
Local Address: All local network adapters:1024

It then further states that the 'Netspy trojan horse' attempted to connect to my computer. Also, when trying to detect the whereabouts of the IP address, it states "The IP address belongs to a computer on your local network, therefore there is no public network or domain information". I do have a wireless home network, but this is the only machine currently on, and each of my computers have the IP addresses of the form 192.168.*.* (ascending).

I have run NAV and the scan produced no results. I have also gone through MSCONFIG to see if there were any suspicious start-up files; none were found. Likewise with all the 'Run\RunOnce' keys in the registry - nothing suspicious was found.

Any ideas?

leo49 20:19 25 Dec 03

Scroll down to below the 3rd question to the paragraph that begins:

"Things learned along the way"

click here

leo49 20:19 25 Dec 03

Ties in with your other thread,no?

kentylad 20:35 25 Dec 03

may do leo49

but seeing as im still having problems with that......

leo49 20:41 25 Dec 03

The whole point of the reference is that this is very likely a false report CAUSED by installing Fax service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…