NETSKY.D

DWANE PYPE 20:43 05 Mar 04

Have the above virus that has infected 2 Files, running AVG. does not or cannot remove it, when given the option to move them to the virus vault; it says it cannot remove the files, (restore\temp\A0018951.cpy), also says “cannot be removed by healing, entire infected object must be removed” These files cannot be found by a search. Looked in the registry, were it puts itself, but nothing in there either.

Did a google search, used 2 tools, both drew a blank, Also read earlier thread,but nothing to help my situation.So, can anyone help in anyway.

Thanks in advance. (OS ME)

JIM 20:48 05 Mar 04

W32/Netsky disinfection instructions

click here

nick_j007 20:53 05 Mar 04

Now let me see Watson...Ah, here you go ol' boy! Try this...
Report back in precisely one hour to let me know how you got along...

Download the FxNetsky.exe file from:

click here.

Save the file to a convenient location, such as your downloads folder or the Windows desktop, or removable media known to be uninfected.
To check the authenticity of the digital signature, refer to the "Digital signature" section later in this writeup.
Close all the running programs before running the tool.
If you are on a network or if you have a full-time connection to the Internet, disconnect the computer from the network and the Internet.
If you are running Windows Me or XP, then disable System Restore. Refer to the "System Restore option in Windows Me/XP" section later in this writeup for further details.

Caution: If you are running Windows Me/XP, we strongly recommend that you do not skip this step.

Double-click the FxNetsky.exe file to start the removal tool.
Click Start to begin the process, and then allow the tool to run.
Restart the computer.
Run the removal tool again to ensure that the system is clean.
If you are running Windows Me/XP, then re-enable System Restore.

HTH,

Holmes

cycoze 20:57 05 Mar 04

You need to turn off system restore then run clean up again , instructions click here .

DWANE PYPE 22:28 05 Mar 04

nick__j007

Followed your advice, it did the trick, ran AVG after the Exe. Found nothing, restarted, ran AVG again nothing, put system restore back, Ran AVG nothing. Many thanks for your help.(will keep that exe on file).

jim
cycoze
Many thanks for your input as well.
Regards: DW

JIM 22:37 05 Mar 04

Cheers for the feedback,glad to see your sorted.

Still Puzzling how nick_j007 new you were an ol' boy! :)

Nice one nick.

nick_j007 22:39 05 Mar 04

Good job eh!!

Sounds like the system restore thing may have been the issue?

My post might just be in danger of making me sound like I know what I'm talking about!

By pure chance this popped up on my systen this morning but when following the instructions that I posted all was clear.
I then did another FULL scan to be sure...all was ok again.

You can I believe always do a free scan at Symantec if you are concerned.

BTW, I only pay (finger in the air) £20 a year for Norton AV and rate it highly, as I am only an intermediate that 'needs' looking after ;-)

Cheers.

Nick

DWANE PYPE 22:41 05 Mar 04

JIM

it's my slow typing.

DW

nick_j007 12:50 06 Mar 04

Plus the way it was falling off at the end of each line :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…