netsky worm

toogie 21:46 18 May 04

Anyone..please advise how I can rid myself of all traces and effects of this worm. I have used the Symantec W32.Netsky Fixtool more times than I can remember, following the downloaded instructions to the letter. I have searched for all traces and deleted files. I have emptied the Quarantine area of Norton AntiVirus, which fills up daily (currently 416 items in here).
I run Norton Antivirus & AVG as a daily routinely.............but still I get the Norton AntiVirus "Virus Alert" on my desktop and even this will not go away.......help please.

stalion 21:49 18 May 04

try this click here

Dipso 22:20 18 May 04

You need to disable system restore before removing as it tends to hide in there and reappears on re-boot.

To turn off system restore, right click My Computer>Properties and seslect System Restore tab in which you can choose to disable.

Don't forget to re-enable afterwards.

Dipso 22:22 18 May 04

An updated version of AVG should remove it.

Giggle n' Bits 22:34 18 May 04

and that is to first of all disable the System Restore, also make sure your internet connection has the XP firewall protection box ticked then run Disk clean up and also clear out your temp internet files & cookies.

Then run the FxNetsky tool

Also there is more than one type of strain of the Netsky as you will see at norton site ref this bug.

Reboot after running tool then enable the system restore.

Also do the windows security patches & updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos