Netsky Virus

Lillylou 11:26 15 Mar 04

Some lovely person send me the Netsky virus and using AVG removal tool I have gotten rid of it but when I scanned with Norton it said there was no virus. Why is this. Thank goodness for wonderful AVG.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:34 15 Mar 04
  Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:36 15 Mar 04
  Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 11:37 15 Mar 04

bum lol ah well not my day.

aramis 11:39 15 Mar 04

I received a netsky c this morning. Norton 2003 detected it immediately and deleted it.

Hornblower 12:01 15 Mar 04

I'm currently getting about 3 a day([email protected]), although today is 4 already! I'm getting quite fed up with receiving them - I know that I just have to grin and bear, but how do they know to send to me? I'm very careful with my e mail address and have just changed it due to burgeoning spam (up to 120 a day!) Is it all starting over? Anyone know how seemingly random people have my e mail? Any tips will help here as my e mail address will change soon again, due to getting a new ISP for BB. Can I stop this sort of thing before it begins?

I use Outlook and I have spybot and spyblaster installed as well as McAfee VS and Zonealarm FW. (All regularly updated.)

mikef. 12:27 15 Mar 04

My BTYahoo email service removed one of these yesterday before I recieved it, all I get is a maill from saying it has been removed.

Hornblower

The only way to cut down on spam is to be totally anal about who you give it out to. Never register on sites with it, get an hotmail account for giving out to random people.

The only people who have my email address are friends, family and my work.

Get maybe 1 spam every couple days, and had the same email addy for about 3 years now.

Lillylou 13:29 15 Mar 04

I hardly ever get spam and was totally fooled by the virus email and always save and scan attachments with AVG and Norton before opening even if they are from friends.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…